|1||The First Mad Rush||2:14|
|3||Second Perception Of Light, Moon, Mist, And Rainbow||6:19|
|5||The Hurricane And Recognition Of Death||2:55|
|6||He Is Coerced To Look||2:08|
|8||Hour Of The Slack And Escape||4:01|
|12||The Brother Becomes A Maniac||2:30|
|13||They Enter The Stream||1:15|
|16||The Entrance Of The Moon||3:03|
|17||On My Watch And Caught||2:10|
- Conductor [Musical Director], Keyboards – Michael Riesman
- Engineer [Re-recording] – Don Christensen
- Flute, Clarinet [Bass] – Jack Kripl
- Keyboards – Martin Goldray
- Mixed By – Don Christensen, Hector Castillo, Michael Riesman
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Mario McNulty
- Mixed By [House Mixer] – Dan Dryden, Kurt Munkacsi
- Music By, Keyboards – Philip Glass
- Performer – The Philip Glass Ensemble
- Producer [Mix] – Don Christensen
- Producer [Re-recording] – Kurt Munkacsi, Michael Riesman
- Saxophone – Richard Peck
- Saxophone, Flute – Jon Gibson
- Vocals – Dora Orhenstein
The re-recording in New York was done at the Living Room Studio, June, 1986.
The mix was done at Looking Glass Studios in May 2002.
Catalog # OMM-0005 printed on disc
Catalog # 0005 printed on spine
- Barcode (String): 801837000528
- Barcode (Text): 8 01837 00052 8
- Matrix / Runout: OMM-0005 <01> U.S. Optical Disc, Inc.
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LR00
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 1Z05
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Orange Mountain Music
- Copyright (c) – Orange Mountain Music
- Published By – Dunvagen Music Publishers, Inc.
- Recorded At – The Living Room
- Mixed At – The Looking Glass Studios
- Pressed By – U.S. Optical Disc, Inc.
A Descent into the Maelström is an 1841 short story by Edgar Allan Poe. In the tale, a man recounts how he survived a shipwreck and a whirlpool. It has been grouped with Poe's tales of ratiocination and also labeled an early form of science fiction. Inspired by the Moskstraumen, it is couched as a story within a story, a tale told at the summit of a mountain climb in Lofoten, Norway. The story is told by an old man who reveals that he only appears old-You suppose me a very old man, he says, but I. Available from Orange Mountain Music: June 2019 In 1985, Philip Glass composed a dance-theater work based on Edgar Allen Poes 1841 short story A Descent. Альбом 2002 Песен: 18. feat: Philip Glass Ensemble. He is Coerced to Look. Philip Glass. Music by Philip Glass The Philip Glass Ensemble Michael Riesman, Conductor. Orange Mountain Music OMM-0005. A Descent into the Maelström , Edgar Allan Poes vertiginous short story of being swept into a huge and terrible whirlpool by a raging hurricane that the oldest seaman in Norway never experienced was transformed into a Musical DanceTheatre piece by Philip Glass and collaborators, dancerchoreographer Molissa Fenley, set designer Eamon DArcy and theatre director Matthew Maguire. In 1986 Mr. Glass was commissioned by the Australian Dance Theatre to create and bring a piece to the Adelaide Festival of Arts in Adelaide, Australia. Here the vast bed of the waters, seamed and scarred into a thousand conflicting channels, burst suddenly into phrensied convulsion - heaving, boiling, hissing - gyrating in gigantic and innumerable vortices, and all whirling and plunging on to the eastward with a rapidity which water never elsewhere assumes except in precipitous descents. This, said I at length, to the old man - this can be nothing else than the great whirlpool of the Maelström. So it is sometimes termed, said he. We Norwegians call it the Moskoe-ström, from the island of Moskoe in the midway. Listen free to Philip Glass A Descent into the Maelström Vertigo, He is Coerced to Look and more. 18 tracks 65:01. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Glass: Descent Into the M. has been added to your Cart. Buy Now. A Descent into the Maelström is a short story by the author Edgar Allan Poe about a man who survives a shipwreck and a whirlpool and lives to tell the tale. Philip Glass was commissioned by the Australian Dance Theatre to compose music which was used to articulate in theatre form the original work. to bring it to it song, image and music Glass. It is a wonderful album for fans of Philip Glass. Read more. 3 people found this helpful. Philip Glass Ensemble 2003 1 songs. 1 Second Perception of Light Moon, Mist, and Rainbow. More albums from Philip Glass feat. Philip Glass Ensemble. Glassworks & Interview with Philip Glass